You are not logged in. Please login or register.

General Information and Links

FA League Table -Hucknall Town Football Club - Blidworth Welfare - Eastwood Community - Holbrook St Michaels - Keyworth United - Linby Colliery -Matlock Town Reserves -Mickleover RBL - Pinxton - Sherwood Colliery -Selston - Southwell City - South Normanton fc - Swanwick Pentrich Road - Teversal Reserves - Tony Kempster's

Hucknall Town Football Club Un-Official Fans Forum → FANS FORUM → The Central Midlands League......My thoughts as a Fan

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Topic RSS feed

Topic: The Central Midlands League......My thoughts as a Fan

I have been asked to explain why I feel the Central Midlands League is a crap league.
From the start it is not my intention to have a go at any individual or indeed any club and is solely my own opinion from a fans perspective.
I support Hucknall Town but I would feel the same regardless of who I supported and these views have nothing to do whatever with the club I support.
So here goes.
First there are not enough teams in it. No fault of the league management committee I know.
In my opinion any team without floodlight facilities should be in division 1. I realise that would affect quite a few teams but you can’t get promoted without them (unless you bend the rules to suit) and it would certainly help a fixture congestion.
Toilet facilities: In the main most clubs I’ve visited are fine but there should be a toilet dedicated to females as a bare minimum. It’s not nice for ladies to be expected to use a mans toilet.
Standing behind goals. Only in the CML have I ever been asked to move from behind a goal. Not once but 3 times and twice at the same ground. Now as I promised not to mention clubs I did refer to one in my recent tweets. In that instance we were stood behind a barrier not causing any bother when the referee came out for the second half and asked us to move. When asked why he said we had been abusive to the goalkeeper. Now if he had asked us to go to the side line I’d have felt aggrieved but would have done so, but no, he moved us all of 5 yards. Surely it should have been a stewards or club officials job to move us. I contacted the CML for guidance and answers but got no reply.
         The other instances were at the same ground where there is no barrier what so ever behind the goal. I had no problem with the first occurrence as we did have team shirts on and the ref said he was getting confused. We did offer to cover up but he moved us anyway. The second instance we were moved by a club official who made a big song and dance about moving us only to let ‘home’ fans stand there second half. I also contacted the CML asking what is the requirement for barriers as a club official at Southwell a fortnight later told me there has to be a minimum of a rope on posts. Again I never got a reply.
          I’m fortunate that I’m not on shifts any more. I also very rarely work weekends anymore. But when I did it was impossible to plan work around football fixtures. Apart from the first handful of games hardly any other fixtures are played on their original dates. I know of one or two clubs who having had a free Saturday arranging club days out only to have games then scheduled for that day sometimes at very short notice. The Friday night games should only be played if both teams agree to it. Total disregard for both players and supporters who are on shifts.

Not a moan at the CML as such but something needs to be done to address the bottleneck that is occurring at step 7 to 6. When was the last time anybody actually got relegated from the EMCL. I know the FA allocates promotion places but does it do the teams reprieved any good to stop in when there are again my own opinion teams that are better stuck below them.
            Finally on the very day I call the league crap they let a team involved in the promotion fight (and in my opinion there’s only 2 now) play an ‘extra’ home game and one less away game. Yes I know that circumstances dictate but surely a neutral ground was the option to take and I only hope that the league isn’t won by the odd goal.

we're still yellow and we're still alive......

Re: The Central Midlands League......My thoughts as a Fan

Turn up once in a blue moon and all you can do is MOAN MOAN MOAN

i am innocent,i did not see/hear or do anything

Some big changes on the way this summer, which may or may not affect Hucknall.

ALL step 7 leagues, of which the CML is one, will be restricted to a maximum of 16 teams. This should help with any fixture congestion.

Teams winning their leagues HAVE to take promotion, into the league that the FA choose for them.

Much restructuring this summer, with a new step 6 league hopefully pushing things slightly north and east.

According to the FA, teams without the required ground grading, at whatever level, WILL be relegated this season. Taking into account appeals and stuff, it could be June/July before teams know for certain which league they will be in for 18/19.

There are attempts to bring the Northern League kicking and screaming into the Pyramid (no more refusing promotion). If they choose not to join in this time it could blow a very big hole in the pyramid

As and aside, the CMFL's days could be numbered, but while there is no step 7 league in Derbyshire, like there is in Notts and Lincs they should be okay. The FA are keen to get the NL pyramid sorted in the next 2 seasons.

Topic info

1 guests and 0 users are reading this topic now

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Hucknall Town Football Club Un-Official Fans Forum → FANS FORUM → The Central Midlands League......My thoughts as a Fan

Currently installed 7 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.